Internship at United Nations, Washington by The United Nations Environment Programme (UN Environment) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment. This position is located in the UN Environment, North America Office in Washington, DC. The incumbent will report to the Regional Information Officer. Interns work on a range of diverse topics related to public awareness, media and outreach, interact closely with staff members and are given responsibilities based on their experience and skills. Applicants must be willing to intern full-time for a period of not less than 3 months and not exceeding 6 months. The internship will involve 35 hours of work per week and is unpaid.
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual’s background; the intern’s assigned office as well as the internship period. Under the Supervision of the regional Information Officer, the Intern will:
- Assist the Regional Information Officer in the timely delivery of materials and information to members of the media, and other key stakeholders;
- Assist in the organization and preparation for special events;
- Assist in developing graphic design and multimedia products for web and social networking platforms;
- Engage in regular social media outreach, including Facebook and Twitter;
- Update the regional external web site and intranet pages;
- Assist with outreach programs and activities;
- Undertake research for speeches and presentations;
- Prepare advocacy materials;
- Update and maintaining contact lists for media and civil society;
- Perform any other communications-related duties as required.
Apply online through this link